Welcome to Congregation B’nai Tzedek’s
“When all of your children are taught of the Eternal,
great will be the peace of your children.” (Isaiah 54:13)
At Congregation B’nai Tzedek, we believe Religious School education should:
- provide tools to allow students to feel capable and comfortable within any Jewish environment
- depend upon employing knowledgeable, loving teachers and madrichim committed to making Jewish learning fun and meaningful
- involve partnering with parents and caregivers because, only together, can we strengthen children’s Jewish identity, knowledge and commitment to the Jewish people and their Jewish community
- impact students’ behaviors and decision making outside their Jewish community
- be for everyone and be fun!
Our warm, intimate and inclusive environment allows for the nurturing and development of each and every child.
Our Family Education Programs provide opportunities for parents and children to learn together, making it possible to incorporate Jewish practice into family life.
Congregation B’nai Tzedek’s Religious School offers a quality educational experience that is diverse, creative and exciting. Just ask one of our students!
Please feel free to contact us about our Religious School program. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you to our community.
Director of Religious School Education
Dr. Sean Sagan
Dr. Sean Sagan has been a part of the Congregation B’nai Tzedek Religious School staff since 2014 when he was brought onboard to teach Jewish Studies and Contemporary Jewish Values to post-B’nai Mitzvah students. Beginning in the fall of 2022, Dr. Sagan was honored to have been offered the position of Director of Religious Education. He believes that the central role of the religious school is providing students with the tools for accessing a deep, lasting, and enriching sense of Jewish identity as they go out into the world.
Dr. Sagan holds a PhD in the field of Religious Studies which he earned at the University of California Riverside. A specialist in American religious history and culture, Dr. Sagan also lectures at CSULB and other local universities on subjects related to religion and race in America, religion and science, and Jewish history and culture.
Contact Dr. Sagan at email@example.com